You arrive through a meandering country road, surrounded by a volcanic mountain range and a dwarf-forest, a rare habitat within the Costa Rican tropical dry forest.
Once within the 500+ acre private reserve, you are allured into a canyon where a thermo-mineral river flows strong and trees grow 10 times taller than those on the parched earth above. Upon arrival you will be received by the Rio Perdido Team with a refreshing beverage.
Next, we change into clothing more appropriate for the day´s activities at the Rio Perdido dressing rooms.
We will begin with a scenic hike on one of the main trails, guided by one of our guides. As part of the hike, visitors will have the opportunity to swim in different parts on the crystal-clear river.
At river´s edge multiple springs convert a cool stream into the soothing thermal river, with temperatures ranging from 90 to 115 degrees Fahrenheit.
After a visit to the springs, an authentic Guanacaste culinary experience awaits you at the restaurant.
You will find thermal pools with a private swim-up bar, hanging bridge, a panoramic view of the dry-forest and volcanic range.
This area is covered in gigantic tombstone-like volcanic rocks that tell of a cataclysmic eruption that occurred thousands of years ago, a scene unlike anything you will see elsewhere in Costa Rica or anywhere else in the world.
Group Discounts Available
** Add $10 pp J.W. Marriott, Westin Conchal, Flamingo and other outlying areas
7 – 8 hours
* A/C Transportation and bilingual driver.
* Welcome cocktail Full access to our mineral rivers, including all of the hot springs to swim.
* Use of the beautiful tailored trails as well as the more rustic paths in the reserve.
* Access to our thermal mineral pools at the clubhouse Use of the hanging bridges and the lookout platforms.
* Use of the bike-park trails to those with a proper mountain bike or a rental.
* Our always-inspired buffet, select beverages, and purified spring water.
What to wear:
T-shirt, long pants, cap, athletic shoes, long hair pulled into a tight pony tail or braids, shorts, swimsuit, tevas or wet-proof shoes, camera and extra change of clothes.
$150 per person