No visit to Costa Rica is complete without visiting the tropical cloud forest of Monteverde.
This town is located approximately 4 hours away from Tamarindo and was founded by Quakers from the United States whose pacifist values led them to defy the American draft during the Korean War.
Because of the plentiful rain and humidity you will find trees covered with orchids, bromeliads, ferns, moss and vines and the canopy is extremely rich with birds, insects, butterflies and thousands of plants.
Please choose 3 from the options below and write them in the comment section:
- Canopy Tour: is considered one of the best in the whole country, zip line through the clouds on a course that is 2 miles long and includes a Tarzan swing. 2 Miles of Cable up to 500 Feet High!
- Hanging Bridges: walk through the clouds on the notorious hanging bridges, walking on eight different bridges with various lengths ranging between 150 feet up to 510 feet.
- Sloths: Visit the famous Sloth Sanctuary of Selvatura Park, a close experience with some 20 sloth specimens. In the sanctuary, the sloths can travel freely between paths specially created to roam among the trees and foliage of the exhibition.
- Butterfly & Reptiles: Selvatura Park offers one of the largest butterfly gardens in the Americas, with an area of 300 feet long by 90 feet wide and 50 feet tall, a great dome structure covered by a special structure that helps control the temperature inside the garden, which enables our garden to host more than 30 different species of butterflies from different altitudes and climates found throughout Costa Rica.
- Reptile and amphibian exhibition, a tour in which you will be able to observe some of the most beautiful live specimens of lizards, snakes, and frogs gathered from all over Costa Rica and kept in optimum conditions inside customized natural terrariums which emulate the habitat of each species. This is a one-of-a-kind exhibition that provides a 360° view of each terrarium offering a greater, more natural viewing experience. Learn about Costa Rica’s herpetology while you are joined by a specialized guide during your visit to our beautiful facilities.
- Monteverde Coffee Tour: See how the famous Coffee in Monteverde is made! You will be shown the whole procedure from growing coffee to brewing this beverage. And of course you get to sit down to enjoy a real cup of coffee! History and full process from seed to final product!3 tour options from above
-View Local Flora and Fauna
-Costa Rican Style Lunch
-Door-to-door service: Pick-up and Drop-off at your hotel
*Group Discounts Available for 8+ passengers
** Add $10 per person J.W. Marriott, Westin Conchal, Flamingo and other outlying areas.